Most restaurants have the opportunity to apply for a conditional use permit (CUP) for limited outdoor seating. Please contact the Planning Department at 562-220-2036 and speak with a city planner about available options. With more interest, the City Council may also wish to update City regulations in the future to expand permanent outdoor seating opportunities.